Saturday, February 25, 2017

Laura Ann Frederick

Happy Birthday Laura Ann Frederick!

Today is my birthday and at my husband's insistence I am posting some info about myself and my art.  I was born in Lawrence, Kansas in the US, the first of five children. I studied art and art education at University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, focusing on ceramics and sculpture. Currently we are splitting time in Page, Az., at Lake Powell and San Pancho, Nayarit in Mexico.

I initially worked in sculpture and ceramics with an emphasis in Japanese porcelain. I taught art in the public school system for 26 years. My worked has evolved toward an interest in textural exploration in mediums including fibers (weaving and handmade paper projects) and super-realistic watercolor.

I love the fine detail of weaving with natural fibers including linen, silk rag, wool. I also work in watercolor, creating paintings of architectural features and minutely detailed florals.









No comments:

Post a Comment